Thursday, April 15, 2010

First day of school!


The best time of the year.... the first day of school! Ok, maybe not the best time for kids. But this isn't my kids' blog!
This year we had a couple of firsts in our family. Chris joined Kenna in Middle School and Cam started Kindergarten! I can't believe that ALL of my kids are in school, and the best part is that Cam was able to get into an all-day kindergarten class. (happy dance!) I have to admit that it was a little sad to cross this parental threshold. I didn't cry (like some people thought I would).
Kenna was excited to rule the school as a brand new 8th grader, Chris was ready for a challenge in 7th grade, Max was excited to start 'real' school in 2nd grade, and Cam was just ready to be out of the house like the rest of them! I was amazed to see how happy my kids were about this year.















As for tears, catch me next fall when Kenna starts HIGH SCHOOL!! THAT may just get me crying!

1 comment:

Ted and Leslie said...

Ted and I both love the office store commercial where the dad is walking through the store stocking up on school supplies singing, "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." while the kids are walking along behind him like they are on death row. We sing that song every August! :) Yeah that all the kids are in school - that is so fun! But, I have to admit, I will totally cry when Tessa goes to school.