Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chris breaks his arm.


So I missed the first game of Chris' football season because I had a Girl's Night planned (don't judge me... nothing interferes with Girl's Night!). So imagine my surprise when Scott calls me and tells me to meet them at the ER- Chris broke his arm. Well, luckily I was sitting with a friend that is a nurse at a local ER and she told us to make sure that there was an orthopedic specialist on call so we don't get sent to another ER and double charged on co-pay. So they were redirected to another ER and I met them there. We got in and seen very quickly (thanks to a call from said nurse to her friends at the hospital). Chris was very calm. Scott was calm, but I could tell he was upset. I was ok. (Turns out, Scott had received an impression to have Chris come out of the game after Chris got hit pretty hard but Chris said he was ok. Next play... broken arm.) The only time Chris got upset was when the Dr. set the bone. They gave him painkillers, and he had a flash of fear/pain and then he was fine. 2 weeks in the splint to let the swelling go down and then we could take him for a cast. He was so brave. He missed 2 games- which he minded, and about 10 practices- which he didn't.

2 comments:

Ted and Leslie said...

Cute posts! I love catching up with you guys. Even though we saw you last summer, it still amazes me how much your kids are growing! I love all the posts - it is good to see what you guys are up to. We can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!!!! Yay!!!! - Les

Anonymous said...

This is your Auntie Robyn and I love being able to read your blog. You and Scott and your kids are amazing. I feel like I know your kids after reading your blog. Keep posting, it is important for the family. I love you and think about you all the time.