Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Max's graduation...



This was probably my favorite program of the year.  Not that the others weren't great, but there is something about watching the Kindergarteners perform that just tugs at my heart.  Max also loves to sing.  He's always singing and dancing around the house and it is one of my favorite things about him.  So there I am, watching the program and suddenly they announce the solos for the song, 'You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby' and he's one of them!  Not once did he mention to me that he had a solo!  So after his solo I couldn't keep myself from doing a big, loud 'Woohoo!'.  No big deal except for the parents of the kid who sang after Max because you couldn't hear her because of my mouth.  Oh well.  He sang so well I couldn't contain myself!!  He had a big year.  He started out in all day Kindergarten with one teacher (Mrs. Saenze) then 2 weeks later he was put into half day Kindergarten with Mrs. Markland.  Then around November his teacher had surgery and was out for 3-4 months and he had 2 subs (Mrs. Andries and someone else).  Then Mrs. Andries ended up teaching the rest of the year while Mrs. Markland helped the kids who were behind.  He managed so well.  I never realized how flexible he can be- with other people, not me.  It was a great year and a fantastic first school experience for him.  We are so blessed to live in the boundaries of this great school.  The teachers and staff really love the kids and it shows.


5 comments:

Kristi said...

I love your nuts!....

Melinda said...

Awesome updates! You really do have great kids and they are growing up. It happens to the best of them. Great to hear from you!

Jen H said...

Great job!

( Have you seen my nuts! -- gotta love that book)

Natalie said...

My kids were sooooo excited to see pictures of your kids. I can't beleive how much they have grown. I heard you were in town a bit ago - too bad we didnt' see you. Glad to see you are posting so more. We check on you every week :)

Greco Family said...

Yeah Max! You are such a stud! Congrats on the graduation. You are super cute.