1- He likes to work on the house. I don't know how much money we have saved by Scott doing all the projects himself, but I do know that we would not have such a beautiful house if not for him. He's had a lot of- much appreciated- help, but really, the bulk of it has fallen on his shoulders.
2- He loves to cook. Ok, ladies!! I got the jackpot!! He is my perfect counterpart because I HATE to cook. What a blessing this has been. He cooks dinner 5 nights a week. The other 2? Well, let's just say I've given up. I could prepare a box of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese and the kids would still say, 'This is fine but it tastes better when Dad makes it.' Apparently, he even boils water better than me! Fortunately, Scott's a good sport about it.
3- He loves his job. Why? I haven't the foggiest idea. I could never be a salesperson. I am horrible at it. But he LOVES it. And he's good at it. I think it helps that people can see that he sincerely wants to help a customer find what they need and want.
4- He is very creative. He loves to design. Whether it's designing a bathroom (pics coming soon) or a living room for a customer, he has really good taste.
5- He is a good coach. He coached Chris' football team for the first time this past season. In all honesty, I wasn't sure how well that would work out. He can get a little... um... weird about football. But it worked out VERY well. He was great with the kids, and enjoyed helping the boys improve their game. It was also great time to spend with Chris. He is looking forward to this year.
6- He just GETS me. Now this probably goes without saying for most husbands and wives. But he was dealt an especially hard hand by getting stuck with me. This may not surprise some of you, but I am not the easiest person to get along with (please hold your comments people) and I am not a very traditional wife. (See #2) But for some reason, he loves me anyway. The most romantic thing he has ever said to me was, 'So, how many days will it take you to finish your book and get things back to normal?' My heart overflowed with love and affection in that moment when he didn't judge me for being an obsessive reader. He just wanted to know. Love it.
7- He makes me laugh. Every day. Even when I don't want him to. Sometimes, it's the only thing that saves him. But he is funny.
8- He likes my friends (and my friends like him). Now, I would love my friends whether he did or not, but he can appreciate my friends and the support they give me. He has never asked me to stay home instead of go out for Girl's Night. He listens to me talk about the silly things we do. He knows that sometimes they are the only reason I am (mostly) sane at any given time. He never gives me a hard time for texting them or talking to them late into the night if I (or they) need to. I'm pretty sure that he knows they are the reason we don't fight very much. So I love him for his willingness to let me be someone apart from him which makes me a better wife.
9- He takes ballroom dance lessons with me. It takes a real man to master 'Latin (hip) motion'. (Nevermind trying to lead a person who just does not take well to being led.) It's HOT!!!
10- He's perfect for me. He may not be perfect, and we don't always get along. But I can't imagine any other person that would be willing to put up with my crap and issues the way he does. Seriously. Where I am weak, he is strong and vice versa. (this is beginning to sound like a bad ballad). We balance.
2 comments:
You guys are so cute! I love the things you listed about Scott. You guys are a great couple. We love ya! Looks like his birthday was fun.
Look at the fancy spread you can put together. Good job! Plus, You can even be a sappy lover type to your husband every once in a while. Yay!!
PS I totally miss you and we need to get together soon!!!
Post a Comment